View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #62
DMWARN

Smile Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

I have followed this site for my wife and used it to pass on all the good news that I received from it. My wife is a 11.5 year surviver. She was 51 years old when Breast cancer struck her in 1999. After standard treatment the cancer re-appeared one year later in her spine and lungs. Her Doctor then did another pathology test on the breast tissue and determined that she could quilify for a new drug called Herceptin. That drug along with Zometa has kept the cancer at bay or stabilized for 10 years. I know that Herceptin along with lots of prayers and family love as well as using this site to pass on hope has kept her alive to enjoy our 8 grand children, five of them born after her first diagnoises. She is still with us this mothers day and doing fine. She wanted to pass on to all of you that one of the key pieces of advice she gleened from this site was the information to keep using fish oil and COQ10. Two years ago she got a low MUGA score and the doctor was concerned and thouht he would have to stop the Herceptin treatment. After reading one of the posts on this site I told her about the use of fish oil and COQ10 used by some of your members. She took another MUGA test 3 months later and her heart was back up to satisfactory strength and she has not had a problem since. I just wanted all you wonderful fighters out there to know that there is hope and everyday you fight and live is one day closer to the cure. When my wife was first given the bad news there was only Herceptin. Now there are two or three more drugs of choice to fight with. My wife's doctor has said that she will out live him espcially now with all the options he has to go to in the future. God bless you all and all the support you give to all of us and that includes us husbands who use this site also.

From one loving husband.