View Single Post
Old 01-12-2011, 02:50 PM   #16
Kavy

Re: Help! Brain mets besides lung mets

Hi, everone,
Thank you for your help.
Here is a fast update. I'm trying to do Gamma knife, probably at Cidars Cinai ( any experience there?), but they suggested surgery to remove the cerebellum tumor that is 2.8cm, and can cause me problems if I do not have it removed first. Surgery probably with Dr. John S. Yu (have any of you heard about him?). One radiation oncologist there said if I did not do surgery I woul playing a russian rullet, and that if it was his brain, he would have surgery. Wow, brain surgery!!!1Went for an appointment at UCLA for SRS ( Novalis), I did not feel impressed by the radiation oncologist over there, and that got me very frustrated. Today I got a call from Stanford in Palo Alto, Cyberknife place, and they want to see my CD record to see if I really qualify for the procedure, apparently I do. But that is the question, all this burning in the cerebellum, either Gamma Knife, Novalis, Cyberknife without removal of the tumor might create scar tissue. How often this happen? do you know anybody who had problems later on for not having the tumor removed first?
Thank you so much for your help. I will keep you all updated.
God bless you.
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote