Thread: vaccine trial
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
Sandra in GA

Re: vaccine trial

HLA A2- folks do not have a strong response to cancer, organs from others, or stings and bites. The vaccine, AE37 in designed to "more vigoriously" stimulate our bodies to produce antibodies to fight in these situations. The GP2 vaccine, which is also a peptid vaccine, does a good job for HLA A2+ folks, but not for neg ones.

I could not get into a trial at Mayo because they were only looking at the GP2 vaccines with two different additives to increase effectivity. Then I found the Walter Reed study which had both vaccines. That was one of the best days of my life. I traveled 525 miles each way to do the trial and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Please do your best to get into one of these trials. You will never regret it. When I entered the trial you only had a 30 day window from your last Herceptin treatment. They want you to be disease free.

Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote