View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 07:49 PM   #18
Mandamoo

Re: metronomic chemo

Thank you lizbeth.
The p53 agent interesting me the most at the moment but it may all be pre-trial market hype is Kevetrin - phase1 trial Dana Faber. MDM2 inhibition is also thought to play a role in P53 and I can't talk the tal so I'll stop there!

As for Pan her2 drugs - (tyrosine kinase inhibitors) most of the 'ibs' I believe fall into this category including neratinib, afatinib and lapatanib and I think there are a host of others in development. I think there are some significant toxicity issues with these though.

There is also HSP90 as a target in those with resistance.

Neflinavir has has shown promise in the laboratory, is already widely used an safe (for HIV) but I can't see any trials starting for BC yet.

I had my Vitamin D tested and at diagnosis it was deficient. I've worked hard with high supplementation to get it up to about 120. I haven't been tested for a few months. A it's winter here I know I am not getting enough sunlight and that affects my mood too - I become a cranky so and so!

Pamelamary - I am still fairly active but the weather is hindering maintaining that. My quality of life is still pretty good - this cough is annoying and I'm stubborn and not taking anything for it (all codeine based as I don't do steroids well). I feel like I'm fading a little though - I took a selfie for my 41st birthday last weekend and I found it hard to find a photo where I had some sort of life in my eyes. Maybe it's all winter blues - roll on summer and thank god for the sunshine today!
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote