View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #19
Mandamoo

Re: I love being unique... Usually :-)

So….
results are in and it is all just more of the same - Her2 Pos breast cancer, hormone negative. It seems I have now started growing a particularly resistant form of the initial cancer that is resistant to the current treatment - so while one batch of tumours is responding dramatically, a new batch of smaller tumours in my lungs and lymph nodes continues to grow.

Implications for treatment - will wait until I see my regular oncologist on Tuesday. My gut is saying stay the course for another couple of cycles and scan again to see what these pesky spots are doing.
We have to find a way around the new resistance. What a pesky thing this is. My gut feelings were really good and the results could have been much worse and of course they could have been better.
Times like this I wish I lived in the US and had access to some phase 2 and 1 trials.

My initial response was - at least its not triple negative but I guess it doesn't matter much as there is no benefit to being Her2 positive if you are resistant to all of the targeted treatments. Hubby quite upset about it.

So I'm going with feeling improvement overall and then we will work out where to from here. I was hoping for useful information and yes, it is information that tells us something and nothing all at the same time.

pesky nodes and nodules be gone with you!
Axx
Mandamoo is offline   Reply With Quote