View Single Post
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 AM   #66
MJo

Re: Fighting Breast Cancer With Healthy Lifestyle Choices

Here is what I have done and it has worked for two weeks. My sugar cravings are gone. I hope it is not temporary, but I am thankful for every day I get.

1. I gave up wheat. I eat the many varieties of gluten free products available. They cost more, but I am free of cravings, and that is worth it.

2. I cut back on dairy. Only milk in coffee. No cheese. Needless to say, i take calcium supplements.

3. Cut back on sugar, which is easier when I dont' crave. I use agave, which is still a type of sugar, but lower on the glycemic index. I make my own baked goods with agave and gluten free flours. I am used to things not tasting as sweet, and they taste good to me.

I hope this lasts for a while. It is good to be free of an obsession with food/sugar. I am eating more fruit and veggies by default. At work someone brought in a box of chocolates. I ate one chocolate each day and I did it naturally and I was satisfied. I didn't have to run out and buy a bag of Hersheys bars for myself. I was amazed.

I eat well and when I'm hungry, and I don't worry about my weight. My doctor might disagree and want me to lose pounds, but she could be wrong. I am grateful for every day this lasts.

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote