View Single Post
Old 06-07-2006, 08:15 PM   #12
margaret

I fininshed my last treatment of herceptin in March 2003. I've had no medicine since then and I'm extremely grateful. I was stage 3b in Nov. 2001 and told I had a poor prognosis. Right now, I feel completely cured and am living each day to the fullest with much gratitude and very little fear. I had gained about 10 pounds on the herceptin so after I was done I was able to lose weight fairly easily. I work hard at keeping a strong immune system. To me, my health is all about my immune system and there are many factors to having a strong immune system. There's the basic eating well, exercise and sleeping well. Also there's emotional and spiritual wellness that contribute to the immune system. I work hard at clearing away negative emotions, not holding things in, and filling up on the positive. Stress is also a major factor. I find ways to keep my life as stress free as possible.
I highly reccomend yoga and meditation. It's shown me a whole new way to take care of myself and feel free of fear and I'm learning ways to fill my life with love and joy.
Good luck,
Margaret
margaret is offline   Reply With Quote