View Single Post
Old 05-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #37
Westcoastgirl

Re: Bilateral mastectomy support group

Nancy, I just went with a local shop that sold a beanbag affair for my prosthetics. I never did the 'real' things. I am sure there is something local that would be available. Seeing as you already have the bra, even socks or cotton batting would do for stuffing. There must be/has to be a type of dress that could be made smaller on the top for you or isn't huge on the top to begin with. There are lots of women that are not large breasted. It is a dilemma for sure. Good luck!!

Any other ideas out there ladies? Nancy, maybe start a new thread rather than using this old one as I suspect we don't read to the end of these old postings as regularly as looking at new subjects. I know you will get more women responding if you start a new thread. Give it a whirl.
1/15/09 double mastectomy/skin sparing; no evidence of vascular/lymphatic invasion, 8neg/8 nodes (tumor 8.0mm)
2/16/09 given portacath/removed 4/30/10
2/18/09 "surprise" 2.0mm tumor/positive borders~
completed 28 rads 10/09.
2/23/09 until 4/19/10~treatments every 3wks (4 Cytoxan + Adriamycin, 4 Taxol + Herceptin, 13 Herceptin alone)
8/09 osteoporosis diagnosis/Zometa 3 yrs of 1x/6 months
Chemo side effects; Deafness, kidney function loss
11/09 began Aromatase Inhibitor (Femara)/Feb2014, stopped Femara early/after 3 mos began Tamoxifen for 8 mos to complete 5 years
11/10 Reconstruction, directly to silicone implants
12/11 nipples by skin graft/Right breast size reduced

I have heard th
ere are troubles of more than one kind

Some come from ahead and some come from behind.
But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see.
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me!
Dr. Seuss
Westcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote