View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
qpdawlsmom

Question Herceptin + Perjeta - what side effects have you encountered?

I have had to do a third treatment round of chemo, beginning in Nov. Taxol, plus herceptin and perjeta. Only had 2 rounds with taxol due to the neuropathy getting worse. I am looking for info on side effects from just the perjeta and herceptin. I am experiencing a slight loss in smell and taste and wondering if it is the perjeta? I have had herceptin since 2010 with about a 6 month break in 2012. Unfortunately, after I finished 2 years of herceptin and tykerb, we stopped and within 6 months I had a lil ole lymph node in the subpectoral region. Most side effects I find on the internet include an additional drug and just wanting to hear from anyone else on this course of treatment. Have had pet scans about every 2 to 3 months so far, clear, going wednesday to get my latest results. Also, most treatments with perjeta, how many are usually approved with your insurance? Thank you so much for any info you can share. You are my go to source since 2010.
SLN biopsy + lumpectomy 5/4/10
2X Lymph Nodes pos + for microscopic metastasis
ct/pet scan 5/27/10 - 1 lymph node "hot"
TCH 6 cycles - completed 5 cycles, x 3 wks, T&C complete-10/8/10
Radiation, daily x 6.5 wks-complete 12/22/2010
Herceptin completed on 5/22/11
PET/CT 6/15/11 2 nodes + her2
axillary LN dissection 7/18/11 3 removed, 2 were + for IDC
IDC stage 2a grade 3 HER2, ER/PR-
4 rounds Adriamycin/Cytoxin every 2 weeks, complete Oct 2011, 750 mg tykerb daily + herceptin dose every 3 weeks, last PET scan NED
Tyker/Hercpetin ended June 2013
October Pet Scan - positive lymph node in subpectoral region - perjeta/herceptin and taxol regimine....X2 now perjeta/herceptin only
qpdawlsmom is offline   Reply With Quote