View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
Lien

Re: percentage of us who develop brain mets???

I am still here, and I just had a lumpectomy and radiation therapy. I'm 7,5 years out from diagnosis. Most women who are diagnosed with breastcancer do fine. Herceptin has changed our outlook even more, because now Her2 positive disease is treatable and I believe that the effect is that we have an even better chance than other breastcancer subtypes to survive.

You are getting treatment that is aimed at curing you. Ofcourse there's a small chance that it could come back. We all have to live with that. But anyone can develop any nasty disease.

The only difference is, that you know what it feels like to fear for your life. Others, who haven't had this kind of diagnosis are able to ignore the fact that they are one day going to die.

Treatment is tough and it gets worse before it gets better. But after that, we all learn how to move on to a new normal. You will too. And we are here for you during the whole process.

Hugs

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote