View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 06:00 AM   #37
Karen Wheel

Re: Positive stories, please come out of the woods

Thanks for sharing all - I didn't see this one back in January - but read it today and really enjoyed the wisdom of the amazing people who continue to post on this site.

I see the point that sometimes it could be depressing to read bad news, however, I'm with the many others that say that even with the bad news the good news and the sharing of information and ideas is much more positive than the amount of bad news we get.

A big --- Thank you to the members who have been posting for years here and are long term survivors - Elaine in Hawaii - 11 years! YOU ROCK - and many others that keep us reminded that we can live long term!

I also - would love to see if someone has stats on how many women beat this long term - since Herceptin. As the things that you can still find on line do not seem to highlight this - a lot still say Her2 has a poor prognosis.

If anyone has these stats - or has any idea how to maybe find this - I am thinking everyone on the site would love to hear this kind of news.

1 year after surgery - no cancer! I'm on my way!
Karen
3-09 – Right Quadrantectomy. Clear margins.
3 lymph nodes taken - all clear
Tumor results: Stage 1, 1.5 cm, Her2 +++
Est positive 80% - Prog 10% - Ki67 postive 30%
4-09 – Became a vegan! pH balance of body - cancer can't grow in neutral pH!
4-09 Started Herceptin & Chemo (9 weeks of Navelbine *)
* FYI - when coupled with Herceptin has the same results as more toxic chemo. No brainer!
8-09 - 30 RADS
9-09 - Said NO to hormone therapy
4-10 Finished Herceptin!!!!

7-10 PET Scan & other exams .... All clear! YIPPEE!!!!
11-10 Breast, organ Ultrasounds and lung x-rays all clear no changes ... NED!

2-25-2011 --- 2 years from surgery and NED!!!!!!
7-2011 Clear bone scan and full body and head MRI! NED! NED! NED! ;-)[/SIZE]
Karen Wheel is offline   Reply With Quote