View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 12:33 AM   #10
Patricia

Hi Andi,

Thanks for the site info. I am going to the doc tomorrow and am going to talk to him about it. I did buy gingko last week after doing a lot of reading on that topic as well. It sounded very promising. Thanks for the advice - I desparately need the energy level that you have! :-)

Maria,
The foreign language class is interesting. I was bilingual (recent acheivement after living in costa rica for the year prior to my dx) prior to my dx and I now have a terrible time with it. It is like I lost years of progress. I told my doctor and he told me that he had a patient who was born in Guatemala and moved to CA over 20 years ago and had established her own very successful company years ago and had perfect english. After chemo she lost all of her English and had to learn it all over again. He said he believed that the chemo clearly affected the language area of the brain - which would explain the verbal 'hiccups' and gaps that we have all described.

Hugs,
Patricia
9/15/05: Total Thyroidectomy
A/C X 4 DD, 11 weekly Taxol + Herceptin, + 9 mos Herceptin Alone, 36x Rads, Lupron, Aromasin
7/29/07: 2 years NED :)
8/6/07 Oopherectomy (Lupron no more! :-)
Aromasin & Estring plus Synthroid and supplements
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote