Thread: Bone scan
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2015, 06:35 PM   #18
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: Bone scan

I just was checking in and found this. What Carol Ann said -- ditto.

Well, with survivors -- this is how it goes (I am learning). Once you've had metastatic they can't rule it out. New things look "suspicious" and even worse hypotheses I've heard. All causing angst and more waiting which is painful.

So I say deep breath, think positive (cause they surely won't) and let your body know what you Expect! I am serious. Talk to your body. It is listening and hears everything you think, say and whisper. Even type. And visualize.

So feed it with what you want, not what you fear, Leslie.

You could have bursitis. Inflammation. Doesn't that light up? Go with that. I have pain there almost every night since 1995. The damn 21 lymph nodes don't make my arm happy at all.

I rearrange the pillows throughout the night (I have 4 and 2 more as back up). Sometimes I stand up and rearrange. And when I get it just right I pray I don't have to pee, b/c I don't want to move.

I send you hugs and have given you my best advice. The advice I give myself, after I breath and meditate and calm myself. And Ativan at night helps big time. Just saying. Anti anxiety. You deserve that.

Theanine, Valerian Root, melatonin. Whatever works to relax you. Music and meditation, visualization work great if you can't take any of my suggestions.

It's probably nothing. I tell my oncs outright, I DO NOT HAVE CANCER, and I smile as I say it serenely. They just stare at me. Not knowing what to say. It's their job to worry. So let them worry. Prove them wrong. Go for it, Leslie!
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote