View Single Post
Old 03-11-2013, 08:50 PM   #8
Linda100

Re: Herceptin and trials

Hi Linn65 .... yes do hang in there. I don't get on here much, but just read your post and felt compelled to respond. You have a lot on your plate ... so please don't be down on yourself about that ... it is very difficult when you feel like others don't understand and when you feel alone. I just finished my year of Herceptin, after having been in a trial and having the drug I was on pulled out of it after I had been finished for a couple of years (so I thought). But, it was highly recommended that I take Herceptin... it has a good track record. I had read about a study done last year of whether or not it should be given for only 6 months, or increased to 2 years. Apparently the standard 1 year came out the winner! A year really seems like a long time.

I just saw that you are in Attica, Indiana ... northwest of Indy, right. I'm southeast of Indianapolis in Shelbyville. I used to drive to the north side of Indy to get together with a group. Some of them were connected with the Young Survival Coalition. Have you heard of that? There's an office in Indianapolis... I'm not totally sure about the phone number, but here's what I found when I looked up the YSC on the internet for the midwest region:

For more information about YSC or to find resources in your area, contact the Midwest Regional Field Manager at midwestregion@youngsurvival.org or call 866.541.1972. For more information about YSC or to find resources in your area...

You might connect with them and see if they know anyone out your way ... people came from all sorts of directions to get to some of the gatherings I was in (a gathering one Monday evening at Logans on 86th street for dinner and fellowship, but sometimes a program ... and lots of sharing and information exchanging) the YSC office was also up in the northern part of Indianapolis ... I haven't been for a while, partially because of schedule and distance but it was good to connect with people. Where are you taking your treatments? Maybe there's a group closer in Illinois.

May blessings, love and peace embrace you during this time and hold you close. Linda
Linda100 is offline   Reply With Quote