View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 02:47 PM   #2
agness

Re: Progression, starting TDM1

Ugh. That is tough. Kadcyla (TDM-1) is a game changer for some mets gals. Yes, current therapy isn't really working and good for your onc to recognize this.

I just started on Kadcyla on Friday and so far it wasn't too bad. I am planning on icing my hands and feet to prevent long-term peripheral issues, plus taking UBQH (Co-Q10) through my naturopath which protect the heart muscle from damage.

On the Inspire.com site I learned that Papaya Leaf tea has been noted to improve platelet counts by patients. I picked up some at the herbal store the other day.

The other concern is that it, over time, is hard on the liver. I was told that they will let the liver enzymes rise pretty high before stopping treatment with it. I know from my research that magnesium is super important to liver detox ability (RBC Magnesium is the more definitive test to do) and also that qigong is good for improving my Liver Qi which has tended to stagnate. Controlling inflammation is also important for the liver as it is an organ heavily involved in how our bodies use insulin. I'm on a ketogenic diet which also is very low carb and low inflammation so I think I have that covered too. My naturopathic oncologist will be tracking my blood labs quarterly to try to catch any imbalances when they start.

I hope it works out really well for you and we can get you to NED. Now watch this video:

Lorraine's video for TDM-1 (Kadcyla) access:
http://youtu.be/AkQOLGpXf98

Last edited by agness; 12-10-2015 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: remove footer
agness is offline   Reply With Quote