View Single Post
Old 05-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
mamacze

Talking Ten Years Stage 4 … and still A-OK

It is the end of the day - and after celebrating my 58th birthday (gasp!!) my mind is on all of you.
Ten years ago I was diagnosed with Stage 4 breast cancer and mets to all four lobes of my lungs. I felt pretty lousy. I was horrified at the thought of breaking this news and all the awfulness that comes with it - to my 4 children (ages 8 - 18). Many of you too have walked in these stinking shoes.
Well today, 10 years later, my scans last week came back with a “no changes” report - I am stable on Herceptin … and A-OK. (ALMOST NED except for one stinking tiny spot on my lungs that hasn’t changed for many years)
Today, it is my fervent wish and prayer that all of you with mets are given the same chance. NED. A moment when cancer is not on your mind. A few days of feeling pretty darn good. The chance to look to your future with joyful anticipation.
At the very least, I wish for my experience to give you all a small bucket full of hope.
I am not logged in as much as I was in the early years; but I will not let another birthday pass without an update.
Love and Hugs to all of my her2 sisters!
Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!

Last edited by mamacze; 06-03-2014 at 07:32 PM..
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote