View Single Post
Old 05-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #13
FLfrost

Re: Help... I'm scared...

See if your doctor can get the drug company to donate the drug for compassionate use because your insurance has denied.
Joanne
3/31/14 Consult with Breast Surgeon. Bilateral mastectomy discussed along with referral to plastic surgeon for planned surgery with reconstruction.
4/4/14 Her 2 +. My Oncologist explained that this is a new primary and unlike before in 1999 very aggressive. Surgery put on hold.
BRCA testing done. Results were negative for gene mutation.
4/7/14 PET CT for staging for possible neoadjuvant treatment. Results indicate 1.3 cm tumor and a positive lymph node.
4/9/14 lymph node biopsy. Pathology documented metastasis.
4/14/14 cardiac echo result Ejection Fraction 60%
4/16/14 Port placement
4/17/14 1st chemotherapy treatment
with Herceptin, Perjeta, taxotere and carboplatin.
4/18/14 1st treatment done yesterday with no events whatsoever!
4/23-4/25 Dreaded D hit really hard.
Daily visits to the Oncologists office for hydration and neupogen injections.
4/24/14 Started on Cipro for seriously low WBC count.
4/25/14 Results of blood count at MD office so low (ANC 0.08) I am hospitalized in isolation for neutropenic precautions. One treatment wiped out my immune system!
4/28/14 home recovering. 4/30/14 MD's new plan of treatment: reduced dose weekly taxotere, carboplatin, Herceptin with Perjeta every third week.
5/7/14 Cardiac echo > than 60% and the breast ultra sound showed 2 cm lymph node now only .5 cm. mass in breast is unable to be palpated!! treatment is a go.
5/9/14 Partial 2nd treatment, full dose Herceptin and Perjeta 1/3 dose taxotere and carboplatin.
5/13/14 lab check and fluid infusion.
5/14/14 Appointment with my Oncologist. The lab results are great and the dreaded "D" not as severe as 1st round. Then I mention that my left calf and foot are swollen and painful to the point of limping, could be the drugs but to be safe I had a venous doppler study. I have a clot in my left leg. It wasn't totally occluding the vessel and she really didn't want me in the hospital. Now I will be on Arixtra shots in my tummy till the chemo is complete sometime in August, 2014
5/16/14 continuation of 2nd treatment taxotere carboplatin only.
5/23/14 continuation of 2nd
treatment taxotere, carboplatin only
Amazingly no horrid "D" or nausea!!
5/28/14 visit with the oncologist, great news she can no longer feel a breast mass or the malignant lymph node Yippee!!
5/30/14 started 3rd chemotherapy cycle had full dose Heceptin, Perjeta ans 1/3 dose taxotere and carboplatin.
6/6/14 next dose of taxotere carboplatin for 3rd cycle
6/13/14 last dose taxotere carboplatin 3rd cycle
6/16/14 I am scheduled again for another breast ultrasound to see extent of response to chemotherapy. results will direct continued chemotherapy of directly to surgery!
6/20/14 tentative 4th chemotherapy cycle

"Zumokato Toku" is my Chemo Ninja Cancer Assassin name!
FLfrost is offline   Reply With Quote