View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
TriciaK

Re: What to do now??!!TriciaK

Thank you all so much for sharing your experiences and encouragement! I remember so well my first two rounds of BC in 1985 and 1990, when I felt so alone and bewildered. The only person I had known with BC was my only sister, who died of it the year I was diagnosed. She was gone before I knew all the questions I needed answers to. Now I feel as if we have many wonderful sisters who are always there for each other. I will see my oncologist next Tuesday and hope I can start a new chemo + herceptin program then. I could have seen him this week, but the hives and rash are still too obvious, and he said he wanted me to be over that problem as much as possible before starting anything new. I was leaning toward the abraxane, but since I got the call about the halaven being available to me, I am thinking I should take advantage of it. It may not be offered again. As Lori said, the marvelous thing is that I still have choices! I value Sheila's experience with halaven especially and am so appreciative that she is well enough to share her thoughts. If I do as well on the halaven as Sheila I will be be so grateful . I have never lost my hair completely, but it looks so thin and straggly right now I think going bald may not be so much worse. I have several wigs and wear them now anyway. I can handle nausea and appetite loss and being tired all the time, having had a lot of experience with that in these 25+ years of fighting BC. I think the hives and rash combo has been the worst side effect, though the weird headaches, earaches and pounding heart SE's after trying navelbine this last time were pretty bad too. I am feeling more confidence and hope than I have since having to stop the tykerb/xeloda. I'll let you all know how the halaven works for me and will be watching to see how continuing treatment works for you, Sheila! I appreciate so much what you have posted so far---I wouldn't even have known about halaven except for you. Thank you all again for being there! You are all in my thoughts and prayers daily. Love and hugs, TriciaK
TriciaK is offline   Reply With Quote