View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 05:44 PM   #10
Grace

Susan,

Immediately below is the second to last paragraph of the article I posted:

In addition, the absolute DFS benefit at 4 years is similar for the two Herceptin(R)-containing arms (6% and 5% for AC-TH and TCH, respectively). Notably, the same level of DFS and OS benefit was also obtained for the 29% of node negative patients enrolled in the study.

I don't believe there were any trials on strictly node negative patients, but the trial referenced here included both. If you check the San Antonia webside, you shoud find even more information there on these studies. <o></o>

Also, here is the website, posted by someone on the board (don't remember the name), which provides a booklet on insurance coverage. This may help.

http://www.pabreastcancer.org/insurance_book.html

Also, I got herceptin because I live in New York, which has aggressive laws concerning what insurance companies cannot deny. You might call the Virgina Insurance Department to see what its laws are.

Also, and very important. You need an oncologist who feels strongly about the use of chemotherapy plus herceptin for HER2 positive patients. You might have to change oncologists if push comes to shove, but I think if you're persistent and provide her with lots of evidence to contradict her stand you'll push through. Good luck.