Thread: Women under 40
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:36 PM   #19
TriciaV

Smile Re: Women under 40

Hi I am also part of that way to young for this club, but here I am. I am 36 now but was MISdiagnosed at 31. Stats below. I am sooooo happily married to a wonderful Man who has been so kind and gentle and loving and very much the foundation of our home for us and our three children. I have 2 13 year olds Noah and Shore(love the beach) lol and then we have a 6yr old boy Ethan. I think having Cancer so young was such a shock to me, as I worked with our local Hospice Agency when I was diagnosed and about 80% of our patients were cancer patients and they were all older and my role was meeting with the patients in the home or the hospital prior to discharge and their families and educating them about Hospice and the services it provides and the attitude that one must have to be on Hospice. I was great at it... I was kind and loving and sincere and then out of No where it was ME!!! and I was just too young!!! I once told my husband when we were having a "hospice" type of conversation that I would fight with every thing I had.... literally die fighting. Chemo was very rough and harsh for me. Every side effect you could have I did, ending up at urgent care or in the hospital more times with blood counts out of whack. My Onc even doubting I would make it through the first Half of the chemo. My husband juiced raw fruits and veggies and came up with a way to help keep my blood counts better. It was like the worse case of morning sickness ALL day long. Everyone is different though, my friend had the same chemo as I did and she breezed right thru it. Glad you have your son and you'll always find joy in him when things get rough or hard!!! Hugs and Hope ALways
Mammo and Ultrasound found 3 seperate masses largest being 7cm. Dr was sure they were an old breast infection, gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. after three months of 4 rounds of antibiotics and fighting with the Dr. Finally had a 2nd Dr listen to me and had surgery
1/4/07 Surgical biopsy done :-(
DX stage 3c IDC er+ pr+ Her2+++ 31 years old
2 rounds ACH 6 rounds CTH ,a little healing time and then Mastectomy w/lymph node dissection, 9/27 positive nodes, a little more healing time
5/07 started another 6 rounds of cleanup chemo of CTH- Carboplatin, Taxotere and Herceptin
started Tomoxafin 9/07, Also declared NED 9/07
2009-Lymphedema- sleeve and glove
6-26-11 X-rays show suspicious spot on right 6th rib
8-25-11 another round of X-rays ordered, which also showed same spot on right 6th rib
9-1-11 Onc had bone scan done
TriciaV is offline   Reply With Quote