View Single Post
Old 06-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink My Keys To Success

Ladies, This list was designed for me -- with my particular pathology. I am NOT a medical professional. (As I think Marie says, I only play one in real life!) I AM a professional patient if ever there was one (since '95) and have read extensively for a layperson's understanding of Supplements. The Internet is a fabulous tool for information, as you all know.

I "met" Dr. Mitchell Gaynor when I read the first page of his book, HEALING ESSENCE. It gave me goose bumps and changed my life (in '98 w/mets). It was in a stack sent by caring friends. I would take one off, reject it, and move on. Hard to concentrate when you're staring at your own mortality. Then one early morning of sleeplessness, at 5 AM with pitch blackness outside, I went in to my bathroom, closed the door, not to disturb my husband, turned the light on and put the toilet seat down. I sat and began to read. IT TURNS OUT THAT THIS BOOK WAS GIVEN TO ME BY MY BABY DAUGHTER (now thirty something). It led me to Dr. Gaynor's door. If you GOOGLE -- DR. MITCHELL GAYNOR you will learn much about this remarkable healer, running an INTEGRATIVE ONCOLOGY CENTER in Manhattan. I love this man and was surely led to him with some kind of divine intelligence.

My spiritual journey has assisted me along w/all listed in my signature. Feeling mortally endangered I was moved to draw on every resource I possessed. I sensed a great force within me. Going deep within myself, meditating and using guided imagery, I tapped into the mindbody link, knowing it was TRUE. My emotions became quelled as I soared up into the Universe and became The Witness. As The Observor I connected with and became MY SOUL, my True Self! Healing powers were awakened in me, as I called upon the Universe to conspire with me to bring healing energy to my body. I had seen the look on the faces of the doctors and nurses. I had been hugged by a nurse at the outset. I felt her chest heave as she fought back tears, having read my chart. I WILL PRAY FOR YOU, she whispered into my ear. I KNEW I was in big trouble. Peeks at bc bks confirmed my suspicions. My prognosis was beyond poor. So, instead I turned to HEALING ESSENCE, Wayne Dyer's books, Seat of the Soul, The Power of Now, slowly making my way to joy and harmony and wellness despite it all.

I opened my heart to discover a whole new world. The Spiritual Realm that touches us daily with the power of Guardian Angels at our side. I identified myself as a Spiritual Being, with a mind and a body. I now see others the Souls they truly are. I turned my back on helplessness and despair and embraced instead my WHOLENESS. My Oneness w/all that IS. My personal crisis became a spring board to fresh Awareness, epiphanis and perceptual alterations. I believe my wellness is more than miraculous. It includes the expertise of my surgeons and oncologists, my supplements boosting me up in every which way from the onset, and my awakening to a new reality that is sublime and empowering!!!

This is precisely what I wish for every one of you, my sweet Soul Sisters. I offer you my list below to be considered, based on your own pathology. I did not include the supplements I take to fight off my 22 yrs of suffering from hot flashes. They are bold, and approved by Dr. Gaynor, but I hesitate to offer them as they are so controversail (including phytoestrogens, which some studies say can better bc outcomes and others fear). Sending much loving, healing energy to all you wonderful women warriors with the courage of legions... ANDI

STAY STRONG, BRAVE AND DETERMINED. AND NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN YOUR OWN POWER! OOOOO XXXXX

VITAMINS/SUPPLEMENTS:
Multi (AM)
Asidophilus (AKA Lactobacilius Asidopholus) Probiotic, friendly bacteria/30 billion
viable cells per capsule, maintaining healthy microflora) (major uncontrollable all
day gas relief)
Alpha Lipoic Acid – 300 (AM) (PM) (detoxifies liver, antioxidant, neutralizes free
radicals, protects cells from damage, can cross the brain barrier, energy)
Biotin – 5 (AM) (healthy hair/nails)
B-6 (P5P50 activated B-6) (AM) (healthy heart)
B-12 – 1000 sublingual (AM) (boosts energy)
C-1000 w/Bioflavonoids 200/Green Tea 299/Proline 300 (AM) (enhances immune
system, reduces recurrence of cancer)
Calcium – 600 w/D 400 (2 AM/1 PM) (increases bone density)
Chromium – 400 mcg (PM) (boosts energy, maintains sugar levels)
Co-Enzyme Q-10 – 150 (AM/PM) (enhances immune system, prevents cancer cell
proliferation,energizes, healthy heart, good gums)
D-3 – 1000 (AM) (bones)
DL-Phenylalanine – 500 (appetite suppressant, mood enhancer)
DIM-PLUS (Diindolylmethane) – 100 (AM/PM) (metabolizes estrogen) GOOD FOR "ME" -- as ER/PR-
E – 400 X 3 ( 2 - AM) + (1 - PM) (healthy heart, relieves hot flashes, immune booster,
inhibits metastases, decreases tumor burden)
Echinacea – 300 w/golden seal – 100 – l wk on/1 wk off (staggered w/Thymulus)
(AM/PM) (immune booster)
Thymulus – 750 w/Astragalus – 250 (AM/PM) – 1 wk on/1 wk off (staggered
w/Echinacea/goldenseal) (AM/PM) (immune booster)
Exhilarin – 615 Holy Basil Leaf Extract, Ashwagunda Root Extract (AM/PM) (relieves
hot flashes, ENERGIZES)
Fennel (Seed) – 480 X 1 AM/1-2PM) (relieves gas, helps rids intestinal tract of
mucous)
Flaxseed Oil – 1000 + (AM/PM) (heart healthy, anti-cancer, detoxifies, improves brain
function, helps painful, severely dry eyes since Taxotere ’98) NOTE: I AM
ER/PR-!
Ginkgo Biloba Extract – 60 (AM/PM) (mental alertness)
Grapeseed Extract 150 (AM) (anti-oxidant, can cross blood-brain barrier and protect
brain and spinal nerves against free radical damage, enhances anti-tumor effect, protect
liver, strengthen connective tissue, including heart system, supports immune
system and slows aging)
Green Tea Extract Reservatol – 200 (PM) or drink 3 cups daily (anti-oxidant, heart
healthy, anti-cancer)
L-Carnithane Fumerate – 500 (AM – empty stomach) (amino acid, assists in gastro
absorption, energy, heart, assists weight loss)
L-Glutamine – 500 (AM – empty stomach) (amino acid, assists in gastro absorption,
energizes)
L-Lysine – 500 (AM – empty stomach) (amino acid, assists in gastro absorption,
energizes, lowers triglyclerides)
Magnesium – 200 and Potassium – 545 (PM) (bone healthy, helps sleep, regulates
bowels, energiezes, healthy heart, lowers blood sugar and triglycerides,
raises good cholesterol, prevents stroke)
NADH – 5 Co Enzyme 1 X 2 (AM/PM) (on empty stomach, 1/2 hr before eating)
(relieves chronic fatigue/ENERGIZES)
OMEGA 3 -- MEGA EFA (OMEGA-3 EPA (800) & DHA (400) (AM/PM) (suppreses
tumors, inhibiting their growth, may slow or prevent recurrence of cancer,
improves blood glucose)
PERFUSIA SR (L-Argenine) – 350 (AM) (EJECTION FRACTION elevator, strengthens heart)
Phyto Formula – 1 scoop of soy lechitin powder. Spirulina barley grass powder, tomato
powder, wheat grass powder + multiple powdered anti-cancer lycopenes and
antioxidants … in 8 oz potassium rich OJ (relieves hot flashes, promotes ENERGY
BIG TIME, boosts immune system and mental clarity, helps regulate bowels)
+ 1 banana a day for potassium/strength/energy
<O</ORM-10 Immune System Proten-zyme Mushroom Blend – 1165 (w/Aloe Vera Juice 36 +
Cat’s Paw Bark 305 + SELENIUM 200) X 2 (AM/PM – empty stomach) (regulates
immune system, anti-oxidant, detoxifier, regulates/stimulates immune system,
heart protector, anti-inflammatory, reduces recurrence of bc)
Zinc – 30 (PM) (anti-cancer)
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote