View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 03:20 AM   #3
Gina

Tom, Good Catch!!!

Yes, this theory is more in- line with the infection-based paradigm for Her-2 which intriques me. As the article states, it is far from "NEW" having been visited and revisted a number of times, but no body could prove it one way or the other. I have this fascinating PAPER article going back to probably 2000 or 2001...gee, I need a scanner for Christmas, don't I ??? and some lessons how to use it..smile..but anyway..in this research there was a young woman grad student who some how managed to tag and track these macrophages and proposes the more or less same notion, that the mets does not travel via the blood, but through the lymph system....fascinating research. Remember, that the tumor markers are just measuring--say in the case of serum her-2, the over-expression of the her-2 protein in the blood. That is different from claiming there is a cancer cell swimming in the bloodstream to another body part...fyi....

One of these days, if I only had the time and resources to pull some of this really good data together, we could all get so much further on this her-2 issue. In the mean time...all the more reason to be sure your zinc and therefore, your lymph levels are in good shape.

Thanks again, really an excellent snag...do you fish or just phish, smile???
Gina
GPopp@Comcast.net
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote