View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 05:40 AM   #12
Lien

Re: Off the Bolero Trial

Hi Amanda,
During the 8 years I have spent in Cancerland, I found that there is absolutely no way of telling who will run out of options fast and who won't. People who seem to have "slow" tumors that initially respond well to treatment may suddenly get very little mileage out of new combo's. People who can't seem to find the right drug suddenly return to NED status on their third or fourth try. It is a trial and error thing and I agree with others that there are exciting new options. You would do well to ask as many questions as you can think of and make a plan.

Like you said, you have three kids that need their Mom. So you'd better start thinking of possible treatments and discuss them with your onc. If needed, you can ask for second opinions. Or switch doctors. Or do whatever you feel you have to do to survive.

And ofcourse you are in tears today. This is a setback and it is scary. So I'm sending you a big, warm, virtual hug all the way from the Netherlands, Europe.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote