View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 07:26 AM   #29
Mary Anne in TX

Smile Gril Friends are the Bestest Medicine!!!

HI Girl!
I find that my self esteem grows in leaps and bounds when I have my needed quota of girlfriend time! Go to lunch with them and have some fun. Don't talk cancer much. Fill them in on the new stuff and then play. Their acceptance and love will lift you up and allow you to use that wonderful problem solver within you to decide how to deal with your husband.
My husband had trouble for a while too. I found that taking responsibility for lifting myself up was the key!
I bought about 10 or 12 of those cheap tank like tops with skinny straps, put in one of those cotton like pads to pretend I wasn't lopsided, got some cute jeans, drew on eyebrows, and dolled up a bit and out I went! I will admit that I "got cute" and went on a few practice runs, just talking to gals in the stores to lift me to the point of going out with my girlfriends! It has made all the difference!
It's hard for the guys. They don't like it. They don't know what to think or do often. And they take their keys from us! Even sick, we are the thermastat in our family's life!
You can do it! Take a step today!
Best wishes!
Mary Anne in TX is offline   Reply With Quote