View Single Post
Old 06-02-2014, 09:06 AM   #1
KristinSchwick

Help, cancer has spread from bones to my lungs

I am in desperate need of some help. Here's the low-down. Doctor says that within 6 months the cancer will start making me sick- shortness of breath (I think is what he meant)- BUT that is if my newest therapy does not buy us more time. He didn't say but I assumed I'd slowly progress to death- but he didn't give a time frame.

The newest therapy, which I started ASAP was high dose estradiol (6mg). For me its a big gamble because in his words we've never been able to find a drug that gave us any traction and in his experience if you fail therapy A, B, C, D, you are more likely to fail therapy E. BUT he still thought it was worth trying the estradiol. So for your ladies and men out there...... here are my questions

1) How quickly do lung mets kill you. From shortness of breath to death. Do you have any examples of women/men that ticked along for years?

2) Does anyone have first or second hand knowledge of a person at stage IV who failed therapies A, B, C, D but E worked for a long time.

3) Any experience with estradiol? Time to progression mostly is what I'm looking for, and did switching back to anti-E work thereafter? I know the studies say it works but I want to hear from the patients themselves.

Thanks so much, you all are so supportive, I don't know what I'd do without this group. Sorry my writing is all over the place, percoset makes me really goofy.
March 2011: 6 wks rads.
Mother passed, lower back pain.
Late May 2011: Bone mets but organs clear; Tykerb, Xeloda, Xgeva. Stopped Herceptin. Implant infected: removed implant.
October 2011: Bone progression; Gemzar and Carboplatin & restarted Herceptin.
Jan 2012: Progression, re-classified as ER+; Tykerb, Herceptin, Zoladex & Femara. Anti-E is working!
May 2012: ovaries out, markers stable but elevated. Cont. Herceptin, Tykerb, Xgeva & Femara.
Dec 2012: aromasin
Jan 2013: faslodex, herceptin, tykerb
Jun: Kadcyla
Aug: Rads to hip, then Perjeta, Herceptin & Taxotere
Nov 2013: Perjeta, Herceptin, Halaven
Early 2014: Affinitor, Aromasin, Perjeta, Herceptin.
June 2014: Estradiol, Perjeta, Herceptin
Aug 14: Tamoxofin, H & P
http://kristin-notdying-blog.blogspot.com/
KristinSchwick is offline   Reply With Quote