View Single Post
Old 03-16-2014, 01:54 AM   #12
KsGal

Re: progression to brain

Yes mam, there is definitely hope. 15 months ago a scan found that I had five mets to the brain. I started whole brain radiation immediately, and the tumors completely resolved. I have been on Tykerb and Herceptin since then. Just last month I had one tiny tumor return in my brain. My body has remained clear. The mets in my brain is too small to treat at this time, less than 2 mm. In a couple months when it is larger, they will use cyberknife to get it out of there. I know how hard it is to hear that the cancer has spread to your brain, and it is frightening. But I have had a very good 14 months of feeling normal and healthy, and I expect to keep going this way for a long time to come. I pray that you, too, will have the same gift given to you. There is always hope...
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote