View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #9
KsGal

Re: Scans and update-

Thank you, everyone. You have given me a much needed lift in spirit. Denise, I like the picture of us all on the rollercoaster together. ((hugs)) And Andrea, you always know just the right thing to say as well as bringing such a wealth of information and positive energy.
I so appreciate everyone's prayers and support. I think I will be switching radiation oncologists, because I don't need anyone to bring me down further.
I think this was just a hard few weeks for me. My mother had come by my house a while back, and told me that she was going the next day to make my funeral arrangements, and wanted to know if I wanted to go with her. Something about picking out my coffin that day didn't sound appealing (like it every would). I said, gosh, is that something we have to do right now? Im not in hospice or anything, and she said she didn't want to have to deal with it after I died. I got a bit snippy at that point and said..Well maybe we should go make your funeral plans, as you might get hit by a car on your way home! I know she is dealing with this the best way she can, and I know she has my best interest at heart, but I guess that combined with the things the radiation oncologist told me just started to make me think, hey, maybe Im not being realistic, maybe Im in denial..whatever, and I got depressed as all get out.
Soooo..thank you so much for letting me vent and supporting me. I think I am going to start printing out my favorite parts of all your posts and sticking them to a bulletin board in my room.
Lien..I really like the second paragraph of your post. Thank you.
Sending lots of prayers and positive energy out for all of us...
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote