View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
jacqueline1102

Re: H0-ho-hope someone has some PERJETA feedback...

Hey there,

I have been on the Perjeta/Herceptin combo since August 1, 2012. So far so good. I had GI issues for about 2-3 infusion times. I had the tummy grumbles and diarrhea. I was careful about what I ate for about 9 weeks in that I stayed away from foods which had alot of roughage. That just seemed to add to my symptoms. So, bran cereal, beans, broccoli, wheat bread, foods of that sort were cut out temporarily. Also, no spicy or mexican food. For me, it did work itself out so I am back to eating how I want essentially. Drink lots of water and I mean aim for two quarts of water if you can manage. It helps to flush out your system. If you vomiting, taking Zofran or Phenegren would be helpful. I am certainly not running any marathons after the infusion but it has not kept me in bed yet. I do force myself to walk the next day. I also work fulltime. Stay away from the caffeine. This is hard and I have been bad recently with my morning coffee. The caffeine dehydrates you and with these meds hydration is key.

Good luck to you, SoCalGal. My husband and I were planning on moving to San Diego. We were married on the beach in LaJolla in 2011 and three months later I diagnosed with this. So, we stay put in the Midwest. Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Take good care,

Jackie
5/12-7/12 33 Radiation treatments
8/1/12 Started Perjeta along with the Herceptin
10/12 Scans said NED for first time
5/15 UWSeattle Vaccine Trial 3 months
12/16 Scans still show NED. Herceptin and Perjeta continue indef.
8/17 Taken off Perjeta;staying on Herceptin. Still NEAD.
3/18 Still NEAD
8/19 Now on Subcutaneous Herceptin
10/21 Remain on Subcutaneous Herceptin (Hylecta)
11/21 CT showed possible lung mets. Was told to wait and see until scan
1/22 CT shows continued growth
03/22 Lung Biopsy said sample was too small but nodules keep growing and IR is convinced that it is indeed cancer
04/22 Oncologist referred for consult for a transbronchial biopsy. This does not sound pleasant
jacqueline1102 is offline   Reply With Quote