View Single Post
Old 11-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #12
dchips1

ReTykerb check drug reactions of RX and OTC

Hi ladies,
www.drugs.com is a web sit to input and save your medication lists and update changes, and check for interactions between meds including Tykerb, Xeloda.

search around some of the older posts. Some people are helped by following an IBS diet (irritable bowel diet). Citruce, I take the pill form with lots of water or powerade (has more potassium the Gatorade)
Walmart, now makes a generic brand. WAY CHEAPER!!!! I take Citrucel in the morning (pills), Use the loperamide as needed. Apple pectin in capsule form. Both helps absorb fluid into your intestines as well. Simithicone for bloating and gas. Probiotics, acidophilus, and lactaid pills have helped as well.

Bentyl is a RX drug, it slows down to "rush" but you can't take too much or your bowels will get lazy.
When all else failed I bought a natural diarrhea pills, Contains charcoal, apple pectin and Kaolin clay. Plugs it up pretty good. CAUTION you have to take between other meds, the charcoal can absorbs other medications and makes it ineffective. But is you are like me after 3 days of in the top and immediately out to other end. What good is the medicine doing if it just wasted into the bathroom dances!! Sometimes when I am bad get extra fluids from Onc office.

NO NO"S
include chewing gum, carbonated drinks, not drinking enough water and other fluids, eat small meals throughout the day, instead of large heavy meals.

Good Luck and prayers for healing

Darita
3/07 6 brain mets WBR down to c-2
4/07 osteonecrosis jaw
1/08 mri new 9mm lesion right lower side
2/08 gamma knife 1 lesion 11/08 regamma
10/09 latent rad necrosis to brain met,
1/20/10 crani: lesion necrosis w active cells continue her add tykerb
1/11 NED just Ingrown toenail! YEAH GOD
8/11 Tykerb, herceptin weekly, elevated her2 levels, negative scans
oct -march 11 new neuro deficits lower legs
3/12 2 spinal metsTykerb, Herceptin
04/12 4050cGY rads T 2-4 & T7-9
5/12 Brain,cervical lumbar clear/thoracic slight decrease
10/12 t 2-4 shrunk t-9 grew start Xeloda, 02/13 stop xeloda,5/13 on metformin, decadron, Tykerb, iv and IT herceptin 5/30/13 total #11 #2 of 80mg dose weekly.
9/13 100mg of IT her, IV hern, 750 mg tykerb, 3mg dec.
last Mri T--3 SHRUNK t7-9 shrunk no edema. Left shift in CBC bone marrow BX negative.
10/13 Ct has shown Double left ureters with stones/cysts in them, after 3 births and lots and U/S iit takes cancer to figure out you have 2 smaller ureters going into 1 kidney!
12/13 Mri brain no new lesions, cervical and lumbar arthritis.
Tspine lesion at T3 stable, T 7-9 GROWTH lots of pain

1/29/14 HIHO HIHO its off to Neuro surgery I go

Life is Good when you wake up in the morning and take a breath and know that God has given me another day.

dchips1 is offline   Reply With Quote