View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 09:40 AM   #1
KaiM

Stage IV, One year anniversary!

I know I don't post much, but I do try to keep up on the news posted here, both good and heartbreaking. I must admit I stepped away for bit because there have just been too many of our warriors struggling lately, and sometimes it is just a bit too hard for me to digest. But I wanted to post some good news... I just celebrated my one year anniversary! I know it doesn't compare to some of the incredible anniversaries on this site, but being a stage IV warrior It is huge to me. One year ago I wasn't even sure I'd be here. And so much good has happened in the past year! My baby boy turned one, my hubby and I celebrated our 7 year anniversary, and we had a family reunion, and I got my first tattoo!
I'm blessed right now to only be taking Herceptin and Tykerb. My last scan was great, and I'm feeling good. The docs don't label me NED, because of my bone scarring, but they didn't see any active cancer on my last scan... So that is NED to me! I'm also scheduled to have my exchange surgery the beginning of December, so merry Xmas to me! Blessings and love to you all.
12/11 - starting TCH
5/12 - STABLE. stoping TCH after 6 months and continuing Herceptin with Tykerb and Xgeva
8/12 - STABLE, but I'm calling it NED because all they see is bone scaring!
11/12 - STABLE
2/13 - STABLE
6/13 - STABLE
9/13 - STABLE
12/13 - STABLE
3/14 - STABLE
6/14 - STABLE
9/14 - STABLE
12/14 - STABLE
...Continue Herceptin and daily Tykerb and scans every 4 months
1/16 - STABLE
11/18 - Five level spinal fusion from collapsing vertebrae due to spinal Mets/radiation
12/19 - STABLE
Mom to Audrey (12 yrs) and Hudson (8)

KaiM is offline   Reply With Quote