View Single Post
Old 07-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #11
fullofbeans

Re: Life is a celebration of that which we can do

I am glad many of you liked my post, I think I was almost posting it to myself. Indeed Mary Jo nothing is perfect. That said our worse enemy is our mind; and the word looser is not anodyne, well noticed. With cancer there is a significant part of society/alternative that feel that one is responsible for their cancer. I remember one of these therapist once asking me 'is there any reason why the cancer would serve you and you are holding on to it'. Truth my mum think it is my fault and once asked the oncologist I was visiting in France if it was not generated from my head.. it does not help and indeed would conjure the word looser.

there are a lot of broken dreams for everyone on this board . but indeed Alaskan Angel I do also think that being diagnosed younger brings more grief and for me the lack of family which I so wanted, and for those having children missing on the growing up and wanting to be there for them. There are always people worse off, I am able to write, eat and have a roof on my head.. that said we mostly and unconsciously compare oneself to our peer (friends/neighbour/family members), we are biologically meant to do that, which is why the younger bit is also difficult.. it is a hard for one to stop, but worth concentrating on and be aware, as peace can only be found in one's mind.

I have asked again to see if they can do something about my face edema and I am waiting to hear.. Thank you all and glad to have met some of you on this board, a great pleasure it was.

35 y/o
June 06: BC stage I
Grade 3; ER/PR neg
Her-2+++; lumpectomies

Aug 06: Stage IV
liver mets: 6 tumours
July 06 to Jan 07: 2*FEC+6*Taxotere; 3*TACE; LITT
March 07- Sept 07: Vaccination trial (phase 2, peptide based) at the UW (Seattle).
Herceptin since 2006
NED til Oct 09
Recurrence Oct 2009: to internal mammary gland since October 2009 missed on Oct and March 2010 scan.. palpable nodes in May 2010 when I realised..
Nov 2011:7 mets to lungs progressing fast failed hercp/tykerb/xeloda combo..

superior vena cava blocked: stent but face remains puffy

April 2012: Teresa Trial, randomised to TDM1
Nov 2012 progressing on TDM1
Dec 2012 blockage of my airways by tumours, obliteration of these blocking tumours breathing better but hoping for more- at mo too many tumours to count in the lungs and nodes.

Dec 2012 Starting new trial S-222611 phase 1b dual egfr her2+ inhibitor.

'Under no circumstances should you lose hope..' Dalai Lama

Last edited by fullofbeans; 07-18-2012 at 04:10 PM..
fullofbeans is offline   Reply With Quote