View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #16
KsGal

Re: Hi from Adriana- Brain MRI- mixed results +

Dear Addie-
Lately it seems like I am a day late and a dollar short keeping up with responding to all the threads on the site. Im sorry I didnt respond to your thread sooner. I hope you are feeling some better now, but Im sending you big cyber hugs anyway and lots of prayers. Always remember how much everyone here cares about you, and that you are never alone.
I agree with Sherry in that I would get the biopsy redone so I could get the very best directed treatment based on the results. I had a couple nodules in my left lung that turned out to be nothing cancerous at all, so we can all hope and pray that your results will be similar.
I had two lesions left in my brain a few weeks out from WBR, and they are thinking now that they were necrosis and not tumors after all. And like Denise said, she could write a whole book on necrosis. I think that it must be a pretty common misdiagnosed finding. I also had an area of necrosis in my liver that they thought was a lingering tumor.
I went to nursing school and worked in the medical field for over 15 years, and my doctor seems to not recognize that and explain everything to me on a preschool level. Sometimes it makes me angry, and sometimes I just have to laugh because its so silly. But one day he sat and looked very serious at me and said...the thing in your liver is like a dead horse. The horse is dead, but the carcass is still there decaying. o.O Even though I felt like karate chopping him in the adam's apple and hollering..I know what necrosis is!!!!! I just smiled and nodded and said, good deal. So...here's hoping for horse carcasses in your brain!
And of course, as always...big hugs to you, lots of prayers and positive energy. Jody
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote