View Single Post
Old 01-08-2020, 11:30 PM   #7
KaiM

Re: After 9 years on Herceptin,heart ef crash

Diana, I have been on Herceptin since 2011 and did experience a significant drop in my EF about two years ago. The cardiologist put me on Cardivolol and Lisinopril and I took a six week break on Herceptin (2 doses). They did another ECHO and my EF had recovered enough to restart the Herceptin while continue with the Cardivolol and Lisinopril. I took the heart meds for a year and my EF continued to improve until it finally stabilized back in the normal range (above 50). I actually stopped the heart meds now and my EF has remained stable, so it seems a temporary drop can happen and giving your heart a break from Herceptin for a month or so and/or adding in Cardivolol and Lisinopril might just work for you as it did for me. Wishing you all the best with this, it can be a scary proposition to stop Herceptin after such a long stretch. I would definitely seek out heart meds and request frequent ECHOs to monitor a possible rebound of your EF that would enable you to restart the Herceptin. Keep us updated.
12/11 - starting TCH
5/12 - STABLE. stoping TCH after 6 months and continuing Herceptin with Tykerb and Xgeva
8/12 - STABLE, but I'm calling it NED because all they see is bone scaring!
11/12 - STABLE
2/13 - STABLE
6/13 - STABLE
9/13 - STABLE
12/13 - STABLE
3/14 - STABLE
6/14 - STABLE
9/14 - STABLE
12/14 - STABLE
...Continue Herceptin and daily Tykerb and scans every 4 months
1/16 - STABLE
11/18 - Five level spinal fusion from collapsing vertebrae due to spinal Mets/radiation
12/19 - STABLE
Mom to Audrey (12 yrs) and Hudson (8)

KaiM is offline   Reply With Quote