View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #4
Vicki revised

Re: Xeloda and Tykerb

Been of and on for a month, 2 attempts. Due to the side effects my dr stopped both twice do I could get control of the intense, constant diarrhea and nausea/vomiting. Also this round I've got the hand/foot stuff on my feet and bleeding sores in my mouth and bloody noses. Oh yeah, the hem aroids from living on toilet.

When I restart I'll be on 3 Tykerb/day and full dose of Xeloda (6 pills) for one week then take week break from Xeloda.

This week has been so bad I told my onc to forget treatment if this is what I have to go thru-now I know what quality of life means and throwing up, shitting fireballs, sores on feet that feel like I'm walking on hot coals, mouth sores, etc, no sleep unless on bathroom floor isn't how I want to live.

This is what we've tried all at the same time. I'm just a druggy.

Nausea::
Compasine since I'm allergic to phenargren
Zofran
Some patches for nausea waiting for PA for insurance
Kytrel injections

Diarhea::
Imodium liquid and gel tabs
Lomotil
A shot the doc gave me that lasts a month for diarhea, very expensive (my ins covered it)

Also::
a half vit c a day to help w/ sores
Mix of bake soda and warm salt water
Udder lotion
Sally Hanson hards as acrylics (great!)
****Bliss spa goves and socks are The BOMB! Get em at
Humidifier to help with being so dry from all these drugs

Also, 2nd time with this combo, my hair and nails have started growing like crazy for first time in 8 mon.

Good luck! This is the pits! Get some depends to have on hand.

3/11: DX: IDC, HER2++, ER/PR neg, stage 4, mets to liver. Primary tumor: grade 3; 11 cm. 2nd smaller tumor: ~2.5cm. Multiple affected nodes, 1 spot on liver. 6 rounds TCH prior to bmx.
7/11: Nothing left except Primary breast tumor now 1.5cm.
8/11: BMX, 17/17 nodes clear. No post-op chemo or radiation indicated. NED!
10/11: NED! Continue Herceptin indef.
2/12: Reoccurence of liver mets; both lobes. Tykerb added to Herceptin.
5/12: Progression of liver mets. Stop Tykerb, start Abraxane & Herceptin weekly.
8/12: Progression in liver and lymph nodes around liver and right kidney. Herceptin not working anymore! Stop Abraxane and Herceptin. Start Tykerb and Xeloda.
10/12: Severe side effects. 3 weeks break from everything.
12/12: It's working! All tumors gone except 2 (from 20+) Continue Tykerb and Xeloda. Brain and spine MRIs clear.
Vicki revised is offline   Reply With Quote