View Single Post
Old 05-27-2011, 08:59 AM   #24
Missyw

Re: Possible Liver Mets?

I just had to write to let you know my experience with liver mets. You have to know they are absolutely treatable; hair included! My first met disappeared with my original A/C, taxol, Herceptin rounds. I went NED for three years. The pesky bugger came back and I went on Navelbine and searched out every cutting edge (no pun intended) treatment the interventional radiologist could find. One by one the newest treatments (ablation, cryo, cyberknife etc.) fell away due to the location of the mass. I found a liver transplant guy who would resect me. I had the resection two years ago. I went back on Navelbine for a very few weeks after the surgery. Once I was officially NED again, I went back to herceptin only. My hair thinned a bit, but no one else really noticed. I have been NED, on herceptin only for these last two years. I have continued to work full time in all these years. I took three weeks off for my resection. I have continued to be a full time wife and mom as well. I don't have to tell you the terror of this diagnosis; however, I found stories of hope on this site and I have gained immeasurable strength from my her 2 sisters. Now you will be a source of inspiration for others. You will write your story in five years and tell another terrified sister that she will come through this and lead a rich wonderful life. I saw my son graduate from high school and finish his first year of college; I saw my daughter become a high school Pom and go to her first dance. I have been here for amazing things and you will be to!

Find a great doctor and attack this thing with all of your strength. There are so many amazing treatments. I know you will find the one you need.

Diagnosed 1/06; Her-2, er/pr+
lumpectomy
4 Rounds A/C
tiny area of interest in liver - watching
12 rounds of Taxol w/ Herceptin
tiny area cleared - Stage IV (because area responded to chemo)
Herceptin weekly
27 rounds radiation
NED 8/06
10/06 oopherectomy
Arimidex
1/07-7/07 Vaccine Trial - UW Seattle
3/09 liver met back
3/09 Navelbine, Herceptin Aromasin
6/09 Liver Resection
Missyw is offline   Reply With Quote