View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:17 AM   #20
Lovemyboys3

Update - Recently diagnosed @ 33 and scared

Thank you all for the well wishes!

Its been 10 days since my mastectomy and reconstructive surgery and boy has it been a ride. All went really well though except for a crazy reaction to the morifin after surgery. I apparently hallucinated on the first night after surgery and got out of bed, wires and all, by myself and only figured out what was going on after I was standing in excruciating pain. Nurse got me back into bed and was amazed how I was able to even get up and I really don't have a clue how or why I did it but that night my pain meds where changed and all was better.

Pathology report: Good news/Bad news... Lymph nodes were benign. YEA! Margins were not clear. Booo! Stage 1A is what the docs say. 7 areas of invasive cancer each about 1mm no larger than 4mm and the rest was DCIS. The remaining areas are all DCIS with no invasive areas left. I will be having a second surgery to try and remove the remaining positive margins in the next few weeks. Surgeons are confident they can remove all positive margins as they are very close the the surface but if in the end its not a success, radiation will be needed. Prayers for clear margins after this next surgery is greatly appreciated.

Chemo: My oncologist is on the fence with chemo as she says I am a very unique case. With it being a very early cancer she says in most cases chemo would not be needed but since I am HER2+3 with Ki67 30% (apparently the rate the cells are multiplying) she is leaning toward chemo for me. Any one out there with this situation? I am leaning on being more aggressive and having chemo but not 100% sure. My surgeon also feels chemo is the way to go due to my age as well, so more than likely this will be done. All will be decided after the out come of my next surgery.

Keeping positive thoughts and prayers to the powerful loving lord above,

Lovemyboys3
Lovemyboys3 is offline   Reply With Quote