View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 04:35 AM   #18
Belinda

Re: Severe breathlessness - heart/herc. or lungs?

Sorry to take so long to reply back. Well, having tried abraxane again with little success, we finally decided to go down the tdm1 route. My mets kept trying to close my airways, so far thi year I've had 8 laser bronchoscopies to clear tumour out. I started tdm1 8 weeks ago ( total cost for 3 doses AUD $15k ). 6 days ago I just woke up feeling great, it seemed as sudden as that. Although really i had been feeling slightly better over the previous 3 days. I had been on O2 24/7, and I haven't had to use it since last Saturday!

My last bronchoscope (4 wks ago) showed the tumour had slowed and less had to be removed than usual. 2 weeks ago I needed a nurse to help me shower, could not get my own food and drink, vomited and got tachi and dizzy if I moved too fast or far.....today I moved furniture, made a cover for my dressmaker dummy, cooked, sorted a wardrobe.....all with a few minutes break to get o2 up and pulse down.

l SO hope that tdm1 keeps working for me. It seems it works well for a few months for many, but the cancer soon becomes resistant.

Health and happiness to us all. Bxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Belinda; 10-24-2014 at 04:42 AM..
Belinda is offline   Reply With Quote