View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 02:48 AM   #1
Tricia

I had a heart attack June 30 this year and in preparing for open heart surgery a CT scan found cancer in my lungs. This is the third time: had breast cancer in 1985 had bilateral mastectomies nothing else. It returned in two vertebra in 1990 had 5 years of Tamoxifen again no radiation or chemo but lots of positive thinking prayer and visualization. Now it is back again still breast cancer now recognized as Her2pos. The heart surgery has been postponed. I started Femara and Xeloda but got severe pneumonia so had to stop the Xeloda. On Wednesday last week the oncologist told me about being Her2pos and we started Hercepton. This coming Wednesday " will add Navelbine instead of trying Xeloda again. I am a psychotherapist/hypnotherapist and my husband is a clinical psychologist. ( That's why our email is ""pairadox""!) We strongly believe in the power of prayer" positive thinking and visualization/hypnosis. I have a grat support system in my Church also 9 children 32 grands and 17 greats! I am pleased to find this message board and hope to make new friends here as we battle cancer together. I would be happy to share any info on visualization with anyone interested. By the way I am 74---a young 74 or course and live as active a life as possible still doing some counseling. Hope to hear from some of you and wish you all God's choicest blessings. Tricia