View Single Post
Old 10-05-2020, 12:17 PM   #8
Lien

Re: 5 years later, In honor of my mother..

I'm sorry for your loss. You were so very young when she passed and yet you write about her like someone much older. It's as if she's tried to share herself with you at double the normal speed, so you could benefit from her love and wisdom long after she was gone.
I remember your mom well. I spent a lot of time on these boards in the 16 years after my diagnosis in 2004, so we "met" regularly. I agree that you should print out everything she has written. One day it might be gone from the internet.
My father passed two years ago and going through his stuff, I found the letters my parents wrote to friends and family during the time we lived in California (we're from the Netherlands, Europe). It's amazing to read their thoughts on things that I never discussed with them. Take good care of yourself.
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote