View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 09:39 PM   #1
smim

update - liver resection after taxol/Herc/Perj

Not sure where to put this, but I wanted to update on how my treatment was going.
My primary breast cancer was in March 2014, Stage III (ER+/PR+/HER2+).
In November 2019 I presented with an increased CA 15:3, whereafter a CT scan revealed a solitary liver tumor and a tumor in a gland at the liver hilus. From December to mid April, I received weekly taxol and 3-weekly herceptine/perjeta. Anti-hormonal therapy was put on hold during this time.
The PET-CT scans during this time showed stability (i.e. no growth), but also no or little reduction. My tumor markers did reduce more than 50% by the end of the cycle.
Two weeks ago my oncologist and the liver surgeon at my hospital agreed to a liver resection and gland removal via laparoscopy.
I'm very relieved to say it went well, but it was a long and tough operation. I had my birthday on the day after the operation - my wooziest but also most grateful birthday.
Herceptine/perjeta continues and after I recuperate from the operation, the anti-hormonals too.
Experiencing all of this in corona times is so weird, feels like i've fallen into a paralel universe. But I'm getting used to it.
Here I am, ready to go on! :-)
smim is offline   Reply With Quote