View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 10:55 AM   #11
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Re: A simple formula for changing the future

The drama of life is all about psychological responses to the conditions, circumstances and events of your life.

You unconsciously form assumptions. You intentionally edify yourself and form more assumptions. YOUR LIFE IS DETERMINED BY YOUR ASSUMPTIONS.

You can either be a slave to your assumptions -- or you can become their MASTER. I have consciously chosen to be the Master of my Fate. The Captain of my Soul.

How do I master my assumptions? I IDENTIFY with the hero in my dream. I am victorious and therefore feel joyful and serene. I live with that identity. I am a Survivor.

I have learned that what you want ALREADY EXISTS. There are possibilities. It is with your power of choice, your birthright in this world, that you can consciously choose your destiny. It is your task to draw your ideal to yourSelf. The dream then becomes overpoweringly real, in time. BELIEVE in that. I do. I dismiss all the fears that arise, all the doubt and uncertainty and supplant them with Belief, Certainty, Stone Determination and the passion those emotions evoke.

By your imagination, through your imagination, that which was a mere mental image is changed into a solid reality.

The Great Secret is a CONTROLLED IMAGINATION and a well-sustained attention to the details of that -- firmly and repeated focused energy (like a laser) on the object to be accomplished -- creates the ideal within your mental sphere.

You assume that you are already that ideal. You IDENTIFY yourSelf with it. You own it. Thereby, you transform yourself into that image in your head.

THINKING "FROM" THE IDEAL INSTEAD OF THINKING "OF" THE IDEAL makes all the difference.

All who do this will be inevitably transformed into the image of that in which you rest (THINKING from the wish fulfilled). LIVING "AS IF"... Grant this boon to yourSelf!

You become according to your resigned will. My resigned will is my concept of mySelf and all that I consent to and accept as true.

How could I not share this??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The book I am currently reading has an author who is saying all this, which I have KNOWN (and struggled to write in the book I am working on). But, I cannot wait any longer to finish the beloved project. I must get that message out there. People need to hear this.

More than wishing you well, I am giving you the recipe for wellness... Don't try. DO. I learned that from a young child who overcame impossible odds years ago. He was a guest on Oprah's daytime show. DON'T TRY -- DO is the message my Granddaughter placed on my cell screen for me. (I may be a technotard, well I clearly am one, but I have my children's children to help me...)

Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote