View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #38
chrisy

Unhappy Re: NEW update on chrisy...scanxiety replay on the horizon

Well....guess I'd better check in - rather than start a new thread, I'll duck in under the radar here.

The tiebreaker CT scan, which they did last week, showed a little bit more growth - and basically confirms that this drug (at this dose at least) is not doing the job for me. Disappointing, but not surprising and of course it's good to know and move on.

The good news is, barring surprises on next week's chest CT (they only looked at the abdomen on this one - aarghh!), we are still talking about a solitary tumor and node in the liver. The bad news is that it's now about golf ball size. I've always been a lousy golfer, but hopefully we can send it packing with a good big wood. Maybe like that one Rodney Dangerfield had in Caddyshack.

The goal is (still) to shrink that sucker then whack it locally with RFA or surgery. So the new shrinkage plan is chemo (gemzar)/herceptin - or taxol/herceptin/AKT inhibitor in yet another trial.

I'm going for the trial (although it wasn't until after I signed the consent that Sheila told me gemzar wasn't hair challenging!) because although I haven't had gemzar, I did well on taxol in 2004. AND I saw some interesting data at SABCS on the AKTi's. I think there have been some molecular changes, so hitting the growth pathways at another place makes sense.

This is still a phase 1 trial, but more mature and dosing at the MTD. I'm just praying I can qualify this time (platelets still bounce around a bit, sometimes a tick below the cutoff) and that finally we can get headed in the Costanza direction.

I wish I rocked the scarf/wig thing as well as some of my friends...time to scare up some new "hair" that doesn't look like a fright wig!
10/04-3/05 Weekly Taxol/Carboplatin/Herceptin , complete response!
04/05 - 4/07 Herception every 3 wks, Continue NED
04/07 - recurrence to liver - 2 spots, starting tykerb/avastin trial
06/07 8/07 10/07 Scans show stable, continue on Tykerb/Avastin
01/08 Progression in liver
02/08 Begin (TDM1) trial
08/08 NED! It's Working! Continue on TDM1
02/09 Continue NED
02/10 Continue NED. 5/10 9/10 Scans NED 10/10 Scans NED
12/10 Scans not clear....4/11 Scans suggest progression 6/11 progression confirmed in liver
07/11 - 11/11 Herceptin/Xeloda -not working:(
12/11 Begin MM302 Phase I trial - bust:(
03/12 3rd times the charm? AKT trial

5/12 Scan shows reduction! 7/12 More reduction!!!!
8/12 Whoops...progression...trying for Perjeta/Herceptin (plus some more nasty chemo!)
9/12 Start Perjeta/Herceptin, chemo on hold due to infection/wound in leg, added on cycle 2 &3
11/12 Poops! progression in liver, Stop Perjeta/Taxo/Herc
11/12 Navelbine/Herce[ptin - try for a 3 cycles, no go.
2/13 Gemzar/Carbo/Herceptin - no go.
3/13 TACE procedure
chrisy is offline   Reply With Quote