View Single Post
Old 06-10-2013, 03:00 PM   #19
Lien

Re: Met with Ocular Melanoma Oncologist

That is great news Barb! I am so glad you can start therapy now. You know, percentages really mean nothing. Either you get mets or you don't. I know of several people who had over 90% risk of recurrence and/or mets (lungcancer, braincancer, breastcancer) who never recurred. We all know that some people even survive mets. You could be in that group. Wouldn't it be nice if we knew in advance? Then we wouldn't worry so much. In a way I think the uncertainty is harder to deal with than the certainty of having mets.

A friend of mine once said: as long as there's no evidence of mets, I will assume that I am not going to get them. That way my time won't be spent fretting over something that may never happen. I thought it was very wise, although I'm not at all sure that I would be able to think that way.

For now, you are hitting those cancercells hard and hopefully they will know that you have this whole army of Her2 supporters fighting them with you. We are a formidable adversary as a group. They'd better run!

Sending hugs and healing vibes, all the way from Europe.

Love

Jacqueline
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote