View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 10:38 AM   #9
ammebarb

Re: Met with Ocular Melanoma Oncologist

Thanks so much for your concern, girls. I haven't posted much, because nothing much is happening, while I wait for my insurance to agree to pay for the oral chemo. I will have liver scans every three months and lung CTs every six. If I am approved for the Sutent, it is a six months course of a pill a day, with labs each two weeks, check of heart every two months and check of thyroid periodically too. I have the avastin shot in the eye when I go back to the ocular oncologists, each four months. I may also need another laser procedure on the retina to minimize radiation damage. No local oncologist yet, as I'm waiting for the Philly oncologist to send his notes. It will be necessary to have the local guy on board if and when I start the Sutent. I got new lenses for my glasses about two weeks ago and that helped my failing vision a lot. At some point , it won't be correctible, but I'm glad for how I'm seeing now. State of mind is "iffy"....sometimes I'm hopeful and sometimes it feels like I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop.....probably part of this miserable process. I so appreciate your kindness, ladies and would still appreciate your prayers.

Barb A.
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote