View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #9
Christine MH-UK

Re: pH Balanced Gel for atrophic vaginitis in bc survivors

I have tried the lactic acid gel and it does make a difference, although it is a bit messy. There can be a problem with stinging, so it might be easier to ease in with something that gets the vagina in better shape first. I have used vitamin E, as Lani recommended in an earlier posting.

I am writing in because I seem to really struggling to keep on top of bacterial vaginosis, even though one of lactic acid gel's more usual uses is to keep down bacterial vaginosis. I thought it was thrush until I started to have sex again (intercourse apparently is a trigger). In retrospect, I probably always a bit of a suffer since I was always itchy at the end of my period when younger (a telltale sign), but now I seem to struggle to keep the Vietnamese fish sauce smells away. Which is a shame really because things were actually going really well otherwise (painfree sex was a major achievement). I have had one round of metronidazole, but that gave me really bad thrush. The lactic acid gel works, it just stings and can get rather messy.

Has anybody else had increasing problems with bacterial vaginitis? Does it get better?
Christine MH-UK is offline   Reply With Quote