View Single Post
Old 07-10-2014, 08:37 AM   #4
'lizbeth

Re: Music to your ears....Dr. Sledge's prediction on her2+ breast cancer

I was a bit shocked at this post. If this is the attitude of the leading researchers, then we need to find new researchers that strongly believe cancer patients should be cured and live for decades. If a 92% survival rate for 3 years is considered acceptable by the individuals that we support with huge funding for cancer research - well I can only borrow a phrase from Donald Trump "You're Fired!"

The era of focused Her2 neu research seems to be winding down significantly. We have been lucky enough to be the golden girls of breast cancer research for decades.

I strongly applaud treatments with reduced toxicity, but expect much more.

I am eagerly waiting for the results of the Neuvax trial that had a subgroup of Her2 low expressors who had 100 percent Disease Free Survival for 48 months and 94 percent for 60 months in a Phase II. This is the results that we as survivors want.

92 percent for 3 year survival is unacceptable.

Traditional Treatment: Mastectomy and Axillary Node Dissection followed by Taxotere, 6 treatments and 1 year of Herceptin, no radiation
Former Chemo Ninja "Takizi Zukuchiri"

Additional treatments:
GP2 vaccine, San Antonio Med Ctr
Prescriptive Exercise for Cancer Patients
ENERGY Study, UCSD La Jolla

Reconstruction: TRAM flap, partial loss, Revision

The content of my posts are meant for informational purposes only. The medical information is intended for general information only and should not be used in any way to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease
'lizbeth is offline   Reply With Quote