View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 06:39 PM   #8
Chelee

Re: Neupogen & Neulasta Bone Pain YIKES!!!!!

Shelia,
First of all...big congratulations on your TM'ers dropping! That is great news! If you are going to pay a price like bone pain from Neulasta--it's nice to know it's not all for nothing. It's so nice to know this Halaven bomb is working so well for so many of our members. Yeah.

I had never heard of anyone being on both Neupogen AND Neulasta? I see Colleen has been on both too...so I learned something new today. If Halaven has trashed your counts that bad I can only imagine what it's done to those nasty little buggers. (Gone!)

I had pretty bad bone pain from the Neulasta...but not with the Neupogen. What helped me with the bone pain from Neulasta and Taxotere was Norco. You might ask your onc for a script of Norco and take Ibuprofen as needed...it does help. Ask for Norco over Vicoden--Vicoden has Tylenol in it which is hard on the liver. When it comes to the Neulasta/bone pain you might get surprised. When I did TCH the first 2 times I had Neulasta the bone pain was bad but after that it was barely noticable. I've seen lots of other women say the same thing. So hang in there...maybe you will luck out too. Hope the pain gets better. If not...ask for some meds till it does.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote