View Single Post
Old 05-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #2
Colleen007

Re: Neupogen & Neulasta Bone Pain YIKES!!!!!

Hi Sheila,

I have been on Neupogen and Neulasta for awhile...the pain will lessen over time (or maybe I just got used to it??). Meanwhile, I used Ibuprofen...you can get a prescription for 600 or 800mg tablets (you can also just come up with those amounts by taking multiple pills out of the bottle you can buy at the drugstore). Even as the pain improves, I was told to not skip the next dose...that helped to stay ahead of the pain.

Hope this helps and I hope you feel better. Great news on the Halaven - I love seeing that your markers dropped.
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote