View Single Post
Old 06-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #2
mamacze

Re: please help! is my cancer worse than anyone else's because it has never went away

This is a scary time for you. You are still trying to beat down the beast and now you are waiting for your body scans. You thought you were giving your cancer a one two punch and then your doctors ponder whether your prior treatments were effective. You feel like you are on a roller coaster, I am sure. And I am sure you must be thinking - I don’t belong to this club….UGH!!!
Here are some things you can do.
Keep educating yourself. Knowledge is power, ignorance is not an excuse. Have you looked into clinical trials?
Make sure you are eating healthfully.
Get your spiritual house in order, it helps to be able to meditate or pray - depending on your spiritual persuasion - and simply find peace during these stressful times.
Surround yourself with people who love and support you. You are young energetic and worthy of great love.
Hang in there. Be an active questioning team player in your care.
And don’t forget you always have your sisters here to come to with questions.
Peace be with you sweet angel. Please keep us posted on your scans.
Love and Hugs,
Kim (from CT)

2004 - Stage 4, mets to 4 lobes of lungs and liver, lumpectomy, er/pr -, her2 neu+++, Herceptin and Navelbine then Herceptin only.

2005 - Breast Ca vaccinations with the Tumor Vaccine Group in Seattle

2011 - Still Herceptin only and NED

2011, June - STOPPED Herceptin and kicked up my heels!

2012, February - 1 small tumor came back to haunt me in my lungs - back on Herceptin only, tumor stable.

2015, November - tumor on lungs removed (Segmentectomy), back on Herceptin only
Received U of W vaccine clinical "booster" Vaccine

2022 On Herceptin and NED continues - WOOT WOOT!
mamacze is offline   Reply With Quote