View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Kavy

Help! Brain mets besides lung mets

Hi, everyone,
Yesterday I had a brain MRI, and today I received a call from my doctor's office that I have brain mets now, besides the 3 lung mets, and they want me to start on steroid. I'm lost, devastated, sad, etc., I'm not thinking straight, and I do not know what to do or where to go for the radiation. I live in LA, California, and the radiation facility they are sending me does not have gammaknife or cyberknife, so I guess they will suggest WBR. According to the information I received today, I have 3 brain mets, the biggest 2.5 cm, so I think I qualify for Cyberknife. Has anybody here been treated at Cidar Sinai, UCLA or Stanford? Does anybody take boswellia serrata instead of steroid? Is the steroid extremely necessary? What are the side effects of the procedures by your experience? There are so many decisions to make, so much research to do. Today I called Dr. Keith Blake office to make an appointment, but he does not take any insurance. I think I will see him for a second opinion. Tomorrow I will have some friends over to celebrate the New Year. I do not feel like celebrating anymore, but I do want to keep busy and don't think too much, so it will be nice to have my friends over, and it will help my family not to think too much about this news as well.
I wish you all a Healthy and Happy New Year, and may in 2011 we find the CURE.
Thanks. God bless you all.
KarlaV.
Kavy is offline   Reply With Quote